The Coconut Pests and Diseases Toolkit was developed to provide training resources for the Pacific. The project was funded by the European Union, via a grant to the Pacific Community (SPC) and the Coconut Industry Development for the Pacific (CIDP).
Information on the CPDT website was collated by Pacific Biosecurity, Wellington UniVentures. Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. Monica Gruber and Tamlyn McKenzie collated the resources and are grateful for the generous contributions of information by the experts and others without which this site would not have been possible:
- Disna Gunawardana, Qing Hai Fan, Diane Anderson, Merje Toome, Shaun Bennett and Milen Marinov, Plant Health and Environment Laboratory, Ministry of Primary Industries, New Zealand
- Richard Davis and David Britton, Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, Australia
- Grahame Jackson, PestNet chair and moderator, Australia
- Bob Macfarlane, PestNet moderator, Solomon Islands
- Peter Maddison
- Gillian Watson
- Roland Bourdeix, CIRAD
- Sean Marshall, AgResearch, New Zealand
- Maclean Vaqalo, Visoni Timote, Una Turaganivalu, and Fereti Atumurirava, SPC Plant Health, Fiji
- Ana Buli, SPC Biosecurity, Fiji
- Naheed Hussein and Karen Mapusua, CIDP project team, SPC Fiji
Thank you also to all the participants at the Coconut Pests and Diseases Training-of-Trainers Workshop in Apia, Samoa 22-25 October 2018.
Participants at the Coconut Pests and Diseases Training-of-Trainers Workshop in Apia, Samoa 22-25 October 2018 © Maria Ronna Luna Pastorizo-Sekiguchi, The Greenhouse Studio, on behalf of SPC